Michigan Brewers Guild News
In terms of overall number of breweries, microbreweries and brewpubs, Michigan ranks #5 in the nation – thus supporting its claim as "The Great Beer State."
Founded in 1997, the Michigan Brewers Guild exists to unify the community of brewers, to increase the sale of Michigan Craft Beer, to contribute culturally and economically throughout the state, and to monitor and assure a healthy brewing industry. By working collaboratively with proponents of craft beer, we strive to achieve a 10% share of all beer sold in Michigan by producing world-class events, increasing public awareness, educating consumers, and encouraging responsible consumption.
Michigan Brewers Guild News Releases
Michigan Brewers Guild Announces 2014 Board of Directors
The Michigan Brewers Guild recently elected its 2014 Board of Directors at its annual meeting, January 8, at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in Kalamazoo. Each board position is a two-year term, elected ..
Michigan Craft Beer “Enthusiasts” Offered Record Number 30 Winter Brewery Tours
One of the great benefits offered to members of the Michigan Brewers Guild “Enthusiast” program is VIP tours and tastings at member breweries throughout the state. This gives our Enthu..
Michigan Brewers Guild in the News
- Cheers! Pure Michigan Launches Craft Beer Radio Spot
- Synergy emerges from growing number of Michigan craft breweries (Holland Sentinel)
- Brewers Association High Fives Michigan's Craft Beer Industry (CraftBeer.com)
- Hop of faith: More and more entrepreneurs, farmers growing the plant for Michigan beer (Mlive.com)
- Alliance helps bring back locally-produced beer hops (Second Wave)
- Brewing an industry: A special report on Michigan's craft beer boom (Mlive.com)