2015 Michigan Brewers Guild Winter Conference With MBAA District Michigan
Boyne Highlands Resort, Harbor Springs
January 14-16, 2015
About the Event:
The Annual Winter Conference takes place each year in January and offers brewery personnel a high quality educational experience that is both local and affordable. This event is a collaborative effort between the Michigan Brewers Guild and the Master Brewers Association of the Americas-District Michigan.
The conference includes presentations by experienced professionals from within Michigan as well as from across the national craft beer community. Presentations cover relevant topics focused on the technical aspects of beer production as well as beer sales and marketing. Additional highlights are a Sensory Evaluation Workshop and a Great Beer State dinner reception featuring extraordinary presentations of beer and food.
Advanced Registration (until Friday, Jan. 2) - $175 Members* / $250 Non-Members
*Michigan Brewers Guild current members (brewery, Allied Trade, or Enthusiast) or MBAA Members
Late Registration (after Friday, Jan. 2) - $200 Members / $275 Non-Members
Group Discount of 10% offered for parties registering 5 or more paid registrations by Dec. 31.
2015 Conference Topics and event Schedule: Details Coming Soon
Speaker & panelist information, specific session topics, and schedule will be released shortly. General 2015 conference topics will include:
- Overall brewery & beer quality
- Extended panel presentation, Quality Assurance
- Appropriate trade practices in Michigan
- MLCC update
- Overview of federal regulatory environment
- Festival manager certification course (for members)
- Wednesday, Jan. 14:
- 3 Speakers
- Sensory Evaluation
- Guild Annual Membership Meeting & Board Elections
- Trade Show, session #1 (Allied Trade members)
- Hilltop Happy Hour
- Thursday, Jan. 15:
- 6 Speakers
- MBAA - District Michigan Membership Meeting
- Trade Show, session #2 (Allied Trade members)
- Great Beer State reception dinner
- Friday, Jan. 16:
- Michigan Hop & Malt update
- Government Affairs round table
2015 Conference Location:
Boyne Highlands Resort has reserved a block of rooms at a special rate for the Conference. The Resort has various housing options including various room configurations at different rates as well as cottage rentals. Rates in the Main Lodge start at $125, Bartley House rates start at $94 and there are additional options including Heather Highlands Inn, Condo and Cottage options, etc.
To make reservations:
- Visit the Boyne Highlands Resort reservations page
- Where indicated “For Best Results Select a Room Type”, select “All” then click on the red “Search Availability” button to view accommodations.
- For more help you may call Boyne Highlands Central Reservations at 800.462.6963 and select option 6.
2015 Trade Show:
Allied Trade member Trade Show expanded this year! Meet our supporters specializing in equipment, raw materials, supplies, and goods & services specific to the brewing industry. Many Allied Trade members offer special deals or discounts to Michigan Brewers Guild members.how